Wednesday 4 April 2007

Knitty Knitty Knit......

It annoys me how few knitting patterns there are on the internet for things which I can actually see myself wearing. Everything seems to be either shapeless baggy chunky things or things which are supposed to be young and fashionable but.....don't quite make it?! Maybe there are better patterns if you buy them, but being a poor saving-to-be-student that's a bit too extravagant for my budget. Anyhow, I have found one pattern that is quite nice - and thus my current work in progress is Tubey from www.knitty.com. I'm changing it a bit though (never satisfied!), knitting it without the stripes and changing the shaping of the arms. I'm making it in a light grey colour, I don't own a grey jumper so hopefully it'll come out ok! I'm halfway down one sleeve at the moment, seems to be going ok.

No comments: